Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lost & Found



Yes, I believe I was lost. Somewhere a few years back, I took a wrong turn, and then another, and another, all the time thinking that I knew where I was going. And I did know, but I was maybe going to the wrong place. 


I've stopped trying to impress people. It's not easy, but it's worthwhile because if people are disappointed with who I am, it's their problem not mine. I've also stopped wanting things! tiny houses and chickens aside.  I've gotten to a point where I can really appreciate the things I do have and welcome the challenge to figure out a work around for the things I don't. 

My future is still rather uncertain. My work visa for Canada is delayed, so I'm back in the Bay Area. I have a bit of work unfolding here, and hen the Burning Man season later this summer. Plus I have a  number of loose ends to tie up, so that's my primary mission while I'm here. 

My first few days back have been good. I'm figuring out what has to be done, one step at a time. Slow and steady wins the race. It's time to be methodical and purposeful. I know that, and that's what I will be. 

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Living a life of conscious intent...I love it! Being aware of what you're doing and your reasons for doing it, that's purity, simplicity. Right on.