Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Reboot

Ever get lost in your own life? It's happened to me a time or two. Things get out of hand, projects get too big, everything is a distraction and suddenly you realize that you have forgotten who you are and what you do. It's not as existential as it might sound, but it is a bit disconcerting.

For me, remembering who I am in life is writing. Those who actually read this dribble, thanks by the way, can always tell when I'm over-committed or overwhelmed. Once in a blue moon I'll even get a concerned email: are you ok?

Writers block is never fun when I have it, but when it ends, I often feel like I was able to reboot my brain, and in the process delete errors that are distracting me, and start over with a clean desk top.

Now what to do with all of those extra files...

No comments: